Ingredients:50 ml of olive oil;
1 clove of garlic;
2 cubes of Knorr chicken stock;
500g of Arborio Risotto rice;
1. Remove the tips of the asparagus. Clean the asparagus by removing the brownish leaves from the stem.
2. Cut your asparagus into small slices.
3. Chop the onions and the garlic. Fry them both on a pan with the olive oil.
4. In a separate pan, place the 2 chicken stock cubes with double the volume of rice you used (in my case, 1 litter of water for 500g of Risotto). Turn on the stove and let the chicken stock cubes dissolve in the water.
5. Place the asparagus in the pan and let them cook for a little while. Mix in the risotto with the asparagus, and let the rice fry while stirring gently with a wooden spoon.
6. Pour the hot chicken stock water in the pan and season with salt.
7. The risotto will cook quite fast. Make sure to not let all the water evaporate from the pan. The trick is to turn off the stove while there is still some water available, place the lid on the pan, and the rice will absorb the rest of the water.